March 3, 2011

Old to some, New to me.

So, a friend told me he had this song stuck in his head yesterday. When I expressed I had no idea what song he was talking about (he was not surprised), I promptly went and YouTubed it. I then repeated it all night. And found other versions to listen to. While I have several versions I like (including one by Mumford & Sons), this one is also at the top of my list. 

Wagon Wheel by Old Crow Medicine Show.


I know, I know they are not a new group and this is not a new song. However, like my title says, old to some, NEW TO ME!

I love discovering new music. Do you guys like them? Or this song? Am I the only one that hasn't heard of this?
(did I mention how I also find the lead singer guy super-attractive while he sings this?)

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to creep, but I love this song! "Caroline" is another fave of mine, although a bit more twangy than "Wagon Wheel." Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is your friend from Alabama? This is song is like the epitome of the South to me! Glad you like it and sorry I didn't introduce it to you sooner! When I came back from Italy and heard it for the first time, I literally cried bc I was so happy to be home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kait: Thanks and creep away! And I'm loving Caroline as well!

    Lindsay: Ha my friend actually isnt from Alabama, he's from Geneseo-ish...so about as least-southern as you can get. And i cant believe you never told me about it! :-)

    ReplyDelete