January 18, 2012

Stuck in my head.

Pinterest

The Civil Wars-Poison & Wine

So I think I'm going to start making "Stuck in my head" a weekly feature over here on ASPL. Every week there seems to be a song and image or quote I'm obsessing over so why not share the weekly obsessions with you!

This week I've been "pinning" (check out my pinterest) a lot of different prints that I've been contemplating buying for my bedroom. The one above is just so simple, and pretty much is perfect. If you know me, or even look at my blog it's kinda self-explanatory! :)

After hearing Taylor Swift's new song for the Hunger Games movie, I rediscovered my love for The Civil Wars. Poison & Wine is one of my absolute favorites, for the singing and the lyrics. I found this quote that I love explaining the song:

Poison & Wine is a musical snapshot about the dichotomy of love - that while it can be the thing that destroys you, it can also be the very same thing that beckons and builds you....The longer you know someone - and the longer you allow someone to know you - the more the light and shadows inside each person become more vivid. This song was our attempt at being as brutally honest about the dangerous and beautiful process of knowing and being known. (-Joy Williams, The Civil Wars)

How wonderful is that? Watch the official video of the song HERE.

Happy Wednesday!













No comments:

Post a Comment