December 13, 2010

Reverb 10: Day 5 + 6

I'm back again playing catch up with the Reverb 10 challenge!


December 5 – Let Go. What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why? (Author: Alice Bradley)


I am not one for sharing too many personal details on this blog but I do have a clear answer for this prompt in my mind. However, the details are going to stay in my mind. Here I am just going to say 2011 will be about me letting go of someone I care deeply about. The why, is simply one of circumstance and timing. 2011 is about moving on.


December 6 – Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it? (Author: Gretchen Rubin)

Now this prompt is up my alley. I LOVE making things, I'm just pretty bad with the follow-through (ahh the life of a procrastinator). I always have these big, crafty, nifty ideas of things to make, and hardly do they ever happen. However, I'm working on changing that. One thing that I recently transformed, more than made, was for my apartment. Because this is my first apartment by myself where I had total control of the decor, I was very excited...well except for the budget I was on. The budget led me go down to my parents basement where I found many treasures. My favorite was an old end table that my mom had bought 10+ years ago at a garage sale for $2. She had then painted it white and stenciled it (very early 90's). After I convinced her to let me take it off her hands, I bought a can of shiny black spray paint and turned it into the perfect table for my hallway! Gotta love it. 


My next decor project that I would like to tackle is making something similar to this awesome wreath to hang above my bed:



Hopefully I will follow through with this project and a blog post will be up soon to prove it!

No comments:

Post a Comment