December 26, 2010

Reverb10: Day 17

I'm skipping to this one because I really like it. I've decided that while I haven't adhered to this challenge like I originally wanted to, it's simply better, and more practical for me to answer just the prompts that I really like :-) My intention wasn't to have this blog all about my life anyway...so I'm going to stick with my method of not doing all of them.

December 17 – Lesson Learned What was the best thing you learned about yourself this past year? And how will you apply that lesson going forward? (Author: Tara Weaver)

This year has been so crazy and has changed so dramatically that I couldn't possibly name one "best" thing that I learned this year. The first half of the 2010 was spent at Geneseo, with my closest friends in my complete comfort zone. My life the second part of the year did a 360 and is completely different. So instead, i'll list a few things I have learned this year:

-I CAN live by myself. It's actually  nice most of the time.
-If you're in the right type of workplace environment...the real world isn't quite as bad as you may think.
-Having a paycheck is nice.
-Paying bills to live outside NYC is not quite as nice.
-Letting go of something or someone is one of the hardest things to do.
-Having friends that let you talk about the same subject over and over again is a must.
-Having co-workers that like to recap Jersey Shore with you the day after each new episode, is simply awesome.
-I like being independent.
-I want to go back to school sometime soon.
-Reading fashion blogs is my new hobby.
-I eat too much canned soup, sushi and chocolate...but i'm ok with it.

Those are the first things that came to my head. Probably not the most insightful or meaningful list I could have come up with...but all important things to remember nonetheless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment